COVID-19 Landlord-Tenant and Homeowner
This guide is designed to provide information and resources to commonly asked questions about landlord-tenant issues in Hawai‘i as a result of the COVID-19 / Coronavirus pandemic.
Disclaimer: The information provided should not be construed as legal advice or legal assistance.
Note: Call No. references are for materials held at the libraries of the Hawaii State Law Library System (HSLLS), unless otherwise noted.
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020 all HSLLS locations are closed to the public. For updated information regarding library access, please monitor the HSLLS website. Thank you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Handbook for the Hawaii Residential Landlord-Tenant Code (2018 ed.)
- Hawaii Revised Statutes (HRS), Chapter 521: Residential Landlord-Tenant Code
- Hawaii Landlord-Tenant Information
- Hawaii District Court Landlord-Tenant Manual, 3rd
Call No. DESK KFH117 H34 2007 (SCLL & Hilo)
- HSLLS Landlord-Tenant Code Subject Guide
- Tenant Rights, Laws, and Protections: Hawaii (HUD)
- Evictions and Landlord-Tenant Laws in Hawaii by David W.H. Chee
Call No. KFH117 C41 1998
- Residential and Commercial Evictions in Hawaii by Anne M. Anderson, et.al.
Call No. KFH121 R31 1996 (SCLL & Hilo)